The program is for experienced retail team members who are working towards a retail management role. It is delivered as a work based qualification, combining work experience and workshop training.
Participants will fine tune their retail operations knowledge and develop retail team leadership skills to prepare them for a career in retail management.
Participants are expected to be supervising a small team in at least a shift supervisor capacity.
|Suited for||Retail Team Leaders or Shift Supervisors|
|Delivery Method||Combined classroom, virtual learning, self-paced and workplace training.|
|Assessments||Questions, observations, direct manager feedback and workplace activities and projects.|
|Duration||12 months for full-time employees, pro-rata for part-time.|
|Location||In the workplace.|
There are 13 subjects in this qualification:
- SIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
- SIRXCEG002 Assist with customer difficulties
- SIRXCEG003 Build customer relationships and loyalty
- SIRXCOM002 Work effectively in a team
- SIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXRSK001 Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
- SIRXWHS002 Contribute to workplace health and safety
- SIRXIND002 Organise and maintain the store environment
- SIRRINV001 Receive and handle retail stock
- SIRXCOM003 Promote team cohesion
- SIRXSLS002 Follow point-of-sale procedures
- BSBCMM211 Apply communication skills